BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group) is an international architectural company characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, true team-work across expertise areas and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, very high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field unify our staff. Our office culture is characterized by creativity, high energy and a strong team spirit. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a workplace where we want to be and work continuously at becoming better and better at what we do.
We are a company experiencing steady growth, and as we grow, we also strive to mature. We have over the past 15 years developed from a 10 to a 750 people organization in Copenhagen, New York, London, Barcelona, Shenzhen and Los Angeles. The position as Senior Urbanist in our Copenhagen office has recently become vacant and we are now looking to fill this position.
This position is directly linked to the Gelephu Mindfulness City masterplan in the Kingdom of Bhutan.
– Extensive experience within large scale urban/master planning projects and design (5-10 years of experience)
– Experience in design lead and project management roles
– English, Danish and French language is preferred.
– Preferred experience in South-Asia, Middle East.
– Excellent concept design, detailed design and visualization skills
– Strong communication, client management and presentation skills
– Strong organizational and time-management skills, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
– A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
– Experience with management and coordination of project stakeholders, local authorities and approving bodies and sub-consultants
– Should have strong skills in AutoCAD, Enscape, Rhino, Adobe Suite & Revit
– Ability to develop design options in collaboration with the design team
– Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models as they relate to the project
– Ability to take initiative in response to direction from directors and partners
– A young and social environment with many social events
– Diverse group of architects, technologists, engineers and specialists with more than 45 different nationalities
– Great variety of company discounts
– Salary and pension scheme based on experience and qualifications
– Flexible lunch options
– Possibility for further education
Please apply using the “Send Application”-button. Please upload your CV, portfolio and motivation letter. As we are excited to welcome our new colleague to our team, we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis, and the job ad will be taken down when the right candidate has been found.
Apply via our website at BIG Careers
As soon as possible
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Published on February 8, 2024