BIG is a group of 750+ architects, landscape architects, designers, engineers and thinkers from all over the world who are based in Copenhagen, New York, Los Angeles, London, Barcelona, and Shenzhen. We are unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in and to give form to our future one project at a time.
We are looking for a new member to join our Project Commercials team in Copenhagen focusing on leading the day-to-day management of the portfolio of projects within our BIG Landscape department. The Portfolio Manager will support project leadership in achieving their commercial goals by maintaining accurate and consistent project information across all stages. The Portfolio Manager will also be responsible for ensuring timely decision-making within the project portfolio while managing client and operations relationships, along with staffing needs.
On a commercial level ultimate success is maintaining and supporting the project leadership in delivering on their target profit margins and identifying and addressing potential project challenges before these turn into issues.
Success is regular tracking of the projects key performance indicators (resource use according to plans, contracts and service documents in place and signed, payment according to plans, internal and external team aligned and operating smoothly, client’s project brief and project budget being met), facilitating sound decision making, following up on project leadership executing on decisions and raising to commercial team when relevant and ultimately to Partner of Landscape when relevant.
– Be the sparring partner for the PMs and the Partner of Landscape on the day-to-day management of their portfolio of projects
– Support project leadership in achieving the set commercial goals for project portfolio
– Handle all aspects of bidding, contract management, and negotiations to secure favorable terms
– Conduct financial forecasting and business planning to support budget management efficiently
– Support the project leadership in managing relevant stakeholder communication
– Understand the Risks and Opportunities of the project portfolio and ensure that the Project PM has access to the necessary resources and support to deliver the best possible results
– Follow up and ensure that project data is up to date and accurately reflects the project status and outlook
– Ensure BIGs processes for supporting projects take place on all portfolio projects, incl. Project start-up meetings, Project status meetings, etc. for the project portfolio and be the guarantor that conclusions from such meetings are made, implemented, and followed up on
– Raise to Commercial team issues with Portfolio Projects and work out solutions to solve
– Support the Commercial team with their Portfolio Projects and support work to identify solutions to issues
– Participate in the the weekly meetings, ensuring the relevant stakeholders and progression is maintained and directed to primary focus areas in project portfolio
– Manage staffing
– Support the Partner of Landscape in relevant tasks within project portfolio
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Business management/administration, commercials or related field of study
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar or related position
– An understanding and interest of architecture, design and art
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills and fluency in English (fluency in another language a plus)
– Strong organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and manage one’s own time
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
– Be proactive – take initiative, do research and don’t be afraid to try new things; prevent issues rather than just fix them
– Be reliable – be someone leadership can trust to deliver on any task
– Be accountable – from the big picture to the day to day, from production and team morale to liaising with Ops, own the decisions you make
– Be consistent – prove you can do it, and then do it again and again
– Be tenacious – be committed, show up, contribute with passion, do your best, get stuff done and don’t give up
– Be independent – don’t be afraid to ask questions but be able to take a task or project and run with it
– Be clever – be smart, know your stuff, think critically, keep the big picture in mind, figure things out and look up new knowledge, stay updated and be curious
– Be nice – be a team player and a good colleague, be honest, respect your colleagues, don’t take yourself too seriously and have fun!
– Be generous – share your knowledge and skills with other BIGsters and mentor others when you can
– A young and social environment with many social events
– Diverse group of architects, technologists, engineers and specialists with more than 45 different nationalities
– Great variety of company discounts
– Salary and pension scheme based on experience and qualifications
– Flexible lunch options
– Possibility for further education
Please apply using the “Send Application”-button. Please upload your CV, portfolio and motivation letter. As we are excited to welcome our new colleague to our team, we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis, and the job ad will be taken down when the right candidate has been found.
Apply via our website at BIG Careers
As soon as possible
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Published on February 8, 2024