MKSK is a planning, urban design, and landscape architecture ﬁrm known for creative solutions addressing economic, social, environmental, historical, and cultural challenges within our cities. Our 100+ person team of Landscape Architects and Urban Planners, spread across 12 offices in 8 states, craft public places and spaces to transform, inspire, and perform successfully.
MKSK focuses on the planning and design of downtowns, waterfronts, neighborhoods, cultural destinations, and campus environments. Our relationships with cities, institutions, and private sector clients span generations. We are passionate about our work and the legacy of our practice!
We are committed to personal growth and individual well-being and offer a variety of resources to support career development, including in-house training, mentoring, professional association memberships, and licensing examination reimbursement.
We are currently seeking a talented, collaborative, mid-career professional Landscape Architect/Urban Designer to design and manage urban-oriented projects in our Columbus, OH studio.
– Coordinate with the Principals, Associates, and Staff as appropriate to effectively and efficiently perform project tasks, goals, and design objectives.
– Serve as a project manager on a variety of projects from the outset through completion. This will include research, field work, writing, graphics, participation at meetings, and some level of project administration.
– Apply your skills or advance them as applicable on use of the firm’s computer programs and standard systems including Photoshop, In-Design, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk, and others.
– Continue to expand and improve design, graphic, communication, technical, management, and client skills during your professional practice.
– Assist Principals, as directed, in cultivating business development opportunities, proposal preparation, project interviews, client management, community engagement, professional relationships and other opportunities for MKSK to be meaningfully engaged in building community.
– Proven design focus and problem-solving skills through implementation
– Ability to manage staff, consultants, clients, and project tasks.
– Ability to work in team environment and effectively meet deadlines.
– Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
– Ability to collaborate across offices with internal staff
– Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook software.
– Develop design site plans, specifications and costs for land development.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program required, Master’s degree desired.
– Minimum 6 years of experience.
– Registration with current license strongly desired.
Please apply by submitting a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or to inquire about other MKSK positions.
MKSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and we value the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Published on September 27, 2023