Seeking creative designers with a passion for great public domains, thriving cities and flourishing landscapes.
ASPECT Studios is an award-winning Urban Design and Landscape Architecture practice. We are designers, landscape architects and urbanists connected by our purpose – to deliver projects which challenge and delight whilst enhancing the lives of people and natural systems in an enduring way. We use design to advocate for approaches that promote a symbiotic relationship between the human and natural environments. We believe in the deep connectedness of all living things. We are for life – enhanced public life, the life of natural systems in the city.
Our team believes in the importance of creating a studio environment where openness to new ideas and collaboration sits in partnership with deep knowledge and expertise. Our Sydney Studio is seeking like-minded individuals who can complement and expand our aspirations.
We are seeking a degree-qualified, experienced Landscape Architect, Urban Designer or Architect with 10+ years of experience to join our senior team in the Sydney Studio, to lead and contribute to a selection of unique projects.
Our Associates play a key role at ASPECT, not only confidently managing projects to deliver innovative and fresh design outcomes, but leading teams and shaping a lasting culture in the studio. We are looking for motivated, creative, collaborative designers; individuals who are excellent communicators in their design and people leadership. Providing supportive mentorship and guidance to junior designers and direct reports, you will hit the ground running and contribute meaningfully to projects that matter – to the community, to the environment and to the planet.
The successful Associate will have experience in:
• Managing projects of a range of scales, from concept design and master planning to contract documentation and administration,
• Assisting with the development of submissions and proposals, and contributing to the preparation of project-related design strategy,
• Supervising junior staff and direct reports, providing mentorship and delegation of responsibilities as they grow their skills and deliver on projects,
• Enforcing design quality, including reviewing work completed by team reports,
• Preparing high-quality documentation and confidently presenting to external client groups on project-related matters, and
• Assisting with the sourcing of new clients and prominent challenging projects for the studio.
Our staff are creative and driven, so you can rest assured that your workmates will have your back and help you to succeed. We are a business that is extremely supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential. Our Global Training Strategy includes a regular calendar of internal and external training throughout the year with dedicated Training Advocates in each studio location.
Additional benefits you will enjoy as an ASPECT employee include:
• Additional two weeks of annual leave through our Purchased Leave Initiative,
• Access to generous company-paid Parental Leave benefits available after 6 months.
• MAPS Days – four paid days a year to grow your skills and knowledge,
• Professional membership support following probation – reimbursement of fees for design and non-design industry memberships,
• Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and trained Mental Health First Aiders,
• A workplace supportive of professional development that will facilitate individuals to reach their potential,
• Fantastic company culture and work environment,
• A busy calendar of studio social events including Friday afternoon activities and drinks,
• Pet-friendly studios.
Please submit your CV and portfolio in strict confidence to email@example.com.
For further inquiries please call Matthew Shaw, Senior Studio Manager via email Matthew.Shaw@aspect-studios.com.
Only applications from Australian Citizens, permanent residents or long-term visa holders are eligible for appointment.
DEADLINE: August 2, 2022